Monday, July 14, 2008

Our New Kitchen!


As some of you might know, especially my husband and my children, I love to decorate!! Last October we started a kitchen redo. We decided that our white wash cabinets and pink laminate countertops just had to go. We painted the cabinets and had a company come in and install granite countertops. The redo did not cost us that much because we did everything ourselves except the countertops. My husband also took down the gigantic light box and installed ceiling can lights and 2 pendants over the bar. I appreciate all the hard work my husband did to make such big improvement in our home. Thank you honey!!

Here are our before and after pictures.

--Before--
--After--Much Better!!
Stayed tuned for more before and after pictures.
We still have whitewash cabinets in the bathrooms!

13 comments:

Erica and Orlando said...

Wow, what an awesome job. Your kitchen looks beautiful.

Grammy Staffy said...

Oh my goodness. It doesn't even look like the same kitchen. It is beautiful.

We had such a wonderful time with Holly, Joey and the girls today. What sweethearts they are. I am anxious to do a Holly post but I may not be able to get to it for a while which makes me sad. I want the whole world to know how much we all enjoyed your wonderful daughter and her sweet family. The only thing lacking was you. Sure wish that you could have been here too.

Enjoy that great kitchen.

The Bright Family said...

WOW--you think your husband could come fix my lights like that?!? :)

joyh82 said...

You have a wonderful blog here!
I love the picture of the baby in the grass skirt! But your kitchen makeover looks great! Wish we could do something like that. I love the granite counter tops and dark wood cabinets too.

Patty said...

Grammy Staffy,
I spoke with Holly last night and she said that they had a great time and that she is so glad they were able to meet you. The girls had a wonderful time and will remember the experience with you and your grandchildren for a long time. Thank you for being so sweet and having them over and making them feel so welcome!! I wish I could have been there too!

-Melissa- said...

Your kitchen is Gorgeous! I love the dark wood cabinets. you guys did a great job.

Family said...

I love your new Kitchen. The lighting looks great. I also really like the new breakfast bar.

Your blog looks great. Its fun to see what everyone is upto. I just started blogging last month. I didnt realize how much fun it would be.
take care
Jocie

Tara D. said...

The kitchen looks soooo much better. I'm glad you finally got your new kitchen. :)

Wilkey's said...

The kitchen looks awesome aunt Patty.

Tynel Jarnagin said...

Patty-
I found you! Now all I need is to start my own blog. It was fun to ride to and from the temple with you today! Thanks-
Your kitchen looks awesome. Good luck finishing up your bathroom cabinets! Tynel

Taryn said...

WOW! Thanks looks beautiful!

hoLLy said...

whoa-this post got a lot of comments! because your kitchen is da bomb, thats why! :) it looks like a totally different room now. its gorgeous. you guys did a SPECTACULAR job!

Me said...

Woo Hoo!! WOW!! Good job! It doesn't look like the same kitchen.