Friday, July 18, 2008

San Antonio Youth Temple Trip!


Yesterday we had a youth temple trip to the San Antonio Temple and I was able to go with them. We left the church around 1:30. Got to CiCi's Pizza around 4:00- ate and then on to the temple for the baptismal session for the youth. We got back to Corpus around 10:30. I am so glad I got to go and see all the youth (especially Austin and Taylor) get a chance to be baptized for those who never got the chance here on earth to hear about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I rode in the car with our Ward's Young Women's President- Tynel Jarnagin. It was fun talking and getting to know her better- She is so... sweet. I'm so grateful I had the chance to attend the temple with the youth and youth leaders. It was a very Special day!

It just wouldn't be a youth temple trip without going to CiCi's!!

"Our Faithful Young Women Leaders"
Mandy, Tynel and Taryn!

Of course the kids always end up in the arcade!
At The Temple
We had a group of about 22 youth!

Austin and Taylor with some of their friends!

Taylor, Austin and I in front of the water wall

Me and Tynel!

10 comments:

-Melissa- said...

Sounds like you had a nice Temple trip with the youth in your ward. I would love to do a session someday in the San Antonio temple. It is beautiful.

Taryn said...

I had fun going to the temple with you! Thanks for coming!

Kim said...

The San Antonio Temple is so gorgeous! Looks like y'all had such a great day. I don't even think I know hardly any of those people. :( It's amazing how much a ward can change in just a few years.

Grammy Staffy said...

What a great trip. I love it on Thursday nights when I get assigned to help with the youth baptisms.It is always so nice to welcome them to the temple. What a special time. Thanks for sharing with us.

Tynel Jarnagin said...

I really enjoyed having you along on the temple trip. It was fun to get to know you and I feel like we've been friends forever! And thanks for pushing me over the edge with blogging. I finally just stayed up last night and did it! And I am so glad~

Tara D. said...

Looks like you had a good time. I'm glad you and the boys got to go! Love ya

hoLLy said...

ahhh...the good ol cici's temple trip days...i remember them well:) i'm glad you got to go and be part of the temple trip-they are always so fun. there is nothing like the spirit in the baptismal font when the youth are there performing baptisms. and how fun to make new friends too!

Cindy said...

Looks like it was a great trip. I miss my youth days!! Temple trips were always so fun.

Ericka Johnson said...

Hi Patty. I found you on Taryn's blog. I'm glad you guys had a nice time at the temple! We're so grateful for all you YM/YW leaders!

Me said...

What fun! As I look at these faces I recognize the children they use to be when we lived here long ago! My how they grow up and are so beautiful! May they stay this innocent looking and steadfast in the Lord.